Add your event to the BCL Event
Post your event on BCL What's On in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Sydney
While we include school holidays, public holidays and some major events,
we encourage you to post your own events on our forum. The title of your
event will then automatically appear on the related "What's On" page and
interested readers can follow the link direct to your post.
By posting your events direct to the forums you will have control
over your listings and be able to promote your organisation much more
Go to the
BCL Forums -
register or log in, and add
your events now.
- Add events and have them appear immediately.
- Include more text, formatting, links and photos.
- Edit your own events
- Have your signature and logo appear against your events.
- Receive and answer questions publicly and through private
- Increase the profile of your event on search engines.
- Add reviews and updates after the event
- Promote your events even if you don't have a website
- Promote regular events more effectively
- Readers can choose to follow you and your events
Don't know if you have a login? Try resetting and if it tells you it can't find you,
How to use the forum to promote your club and regular meetings
It is free for non-profit organisations, community groups,
theatre, arts and festival organisers to
use the forum to promote their activities and events. Overly
commercial events eg investment seminars etc will be deleted.
You need to be registered and logged in to post.
How to post regular events - monthly meetings,
craft markets, etc.
You can use the "Regular Events" subforums to post regular
meetings and events (eg, every week or every month) in the relevant state.
There is no need to create a new thread each time. Readers will
find you in the search and your thread will be brought to the top every time
you or someone else adds a reply to your thread.
You can post updates, this month's topic, notices of change of
date / venue etc by posting a reply to your thread. You
can also edit your posts - when you are logged in, you will see an "edit
post" link at the bottom right.
Readers who are interested in your event can subscribe to the
thread to receive an alert when a post is added.
How to post single events.
Simply go to the forum for the location and month of your event
and start a new thread.
If your event is for fundraising, please give full details.
It could make the difference between your event being rejected or accepted.
How to get your message across well.
Whether people read about your event, and come along, depends a
lot on how you post. Before posting, look through other events
and see what seems to work well.
- Think about the title - give meaningful information like
when, where, what.
- Include dates - including the year.
- In your message expand on that and give full details
- Provide a means of contact if people have questions -
link to your website, give a phone number and/or suggest
that they PM (send a private message) or email you through the forum. It is not a
good idea to post your email address on a public forum - you
get lots of spam if you do.
- Good spelling and punctuation gives a good impression.
- Check your listing and edit it to correct any mistakes.
There is an edit link at the bottom right of your own posts - if
you are logged in.
You may find
Forum Rules and Tips for Posting Events
Go to the forums now
BCL advertising for other promotions.